Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Successful Class

I am very happy with how the Hay and Forage Class came together at our place. The weather cooperated, thankfully. There were threatening thunderclouds over the foothills and mountains to the east of us, but the most precipitation we got was a slight sprinkle here and there.

I don’t think the full amount of people showed up for the class. The attendance was capped at 50 so that everyone would be easily able to hear the presenters. We had quite a few empty seats.

Harris Statema and Dr. Bob DeWard had the audience fully engrossed and I think folks realized the importance of testing hay to know what you are really feeding your horse(s). I know that in my few short years here where we grow our own that it has been truly interesting to see the differences from year to year.

Please stay tuned to this blog, the Horses For Clean Water web site and to the King Conservation District web site for more information about upcoming classes and farm tours, as I have a feeling that the nutritional offerings may increase in the future if the interest is there.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you so much for hosting this class. I learned so much. I look forward to attending more. It was very nice to meet you too!!

LatigoLiz said...

Thank you so much for coming! It was nice to put a face to the name, too!

Crunchy Chicken said...

That is so great. I'm glad your class was a success!

restoration42 said...

Wish I lived closer, I'd have been filling one of those empty seats!

Anonymous said...

great job.. i know we hold shooting clinics (NRA certified) each month here and you always want folks feeling like it was super worthwhile. Wish we could have foraged our way over :)

blessings
gp in montana