Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy “Birthday” Buena!

August 23rd is the birthday that I have given Buena. I was recently informed by a relative that used to live in the area that she came from that it is pronounced boo-eh-na and not the proper Spanish pronunciation of BOO-AY-nah. Oh well. I don’t like to think back too much on where she came from. It is pretty irrelevant these days.

I did want to show those of you who don’t know our history some old pictures and video from the day I first set eyes on her and the day that she arrived home.


First catch and groundwork:

She’s come a long way from being a scared 3 year old filly destined for a Canadian slaughterhouse. Here she is today:

Buena 2008
Photo ©2008 Gayle Hoffman/KCD

New pictures and video as promised:


Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

Carletta said...

She's beautiful! I love the markings on her face.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cutie! I love how alert she is. I hate to think about all of the good horses going to slaughter these days. But here is a great story of one who found a good home!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

She is beautiful. She looks right a home now.

AppleDebbie said...

Buena is a beauty! I enjoyed watching your videos. Happy Birthday Buena!

Cheryl Ann said...

She is so cute! I LOVE her face! Thank you for saving her and giving her a good home! I have two rescued from feedlots: Beauty and Gigondas.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Happy
Birthday Buean from my DOR and all of us here at Grumpy Old Horse Ranch. You are really lovely!

Rambling Woods said...

The slaughter of horses is so disturbing. I am happy that one found a great home...

ratmammy said...

she's gorgeous! happy birthday to her!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Buena! She's a beauty!!! She is a Gorgeous horse!

i beati said...

pat yourself on the back - great work sandy

Ellen Mosier said...

Happy Birthday to the most lovely Buena! I am so glad she is home with you where she belongs, and having the great life she deserves.

Misty DawnS said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! What a fantastic and touching post.

Brenda said...

Happy birthday Buena!!!

From
Figi, Doobie, Zipper, Asia and Brenda

Liberal Cowgirl said...

Buena appears to have some magic going on.

Happy birthday to all!

Pony Girl said...

Buena is just lovely! You do such a nice job with the photos and slides and videos on your site. Wish I was that ambitious! ;)

Cathi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Buena! It's hard to fathom the thought of where you were headed when Liz found you in the nick of time. Boy did you fall into a jar of jam! I am so very proud to have been a part of bringing you HOME, for good....just three short years ago. Life is very good, eh sweet one?