Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Buh! Buh! Buh! Buh! Blueberry Jam!

Tasty, tasty blueberry jam. Combination of our blueberries and some from my parents’ house. Not quite as good as the blackberry syrup, but still yummy! My son got to show Gramma how the KitchenAid juicing attachment works and “poops.” Since it helps to grind up the skins and he wanted to show Gramma, we gave her a little demonstration. I used the skins and seeds that would normally be thrown out to make jam instead of jelly. Those skins are also what gives the jam its great dark color, too. This was a full sugar batch, so those diet conscious folks (the grandpas and a few others) will need to be careful!

We’re pretty close to being ready for the class on Wednesday. It’s not too late to sign up if you are interested in coming. Amazing how much work we got done outside ripping out weeds, mowing and such. I much prefer that outside work to housework inside!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Liz do you sell your jellies and jams? I am dying to get over there for some blackberries which are my favorites. My new canera will not be here till day after tomorrow. I took the frog photos with my craptastic camera whichwill soon be a. retired or b. be hubby's camera.

LatigoLiz said...

I don't sell my stuff. Getting certified/licensed for food-making could be a bit tough. I could trade ya for something, though! I am open to suggestions.

SunnySD said...

Thanks for sharing the award :-)

Your blueberries look spectacular! I've been reading about your jam experiments with interest (and drool). We came back from MI with a big batch of blueberries, and still have the apricots from KS in the freezer - I think both are jam bound in the near future. Well, except for the berries that are going to populate some blueberry muffins, perhaps.