Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Muttons Were Busted

Twice! I was more than happy to spend the $10 to let the Little Cowboy ride those sheep twice. I would rather have him to that than ride the other rides at The Fair.

And he got to do a few other of the good old fashioned things, too. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife has a kids’ fishing pond. Pioneer Farm in Puyallup has a great display where kids can churn butter, work a hand pump, use all kinds of old tools, and see some really big pumpkins.

There are lots of commercial displays, but the one a lot of the boys, both large and small, gravitated to was a big Volvo Wheel Loader.

A good portion of our local extended family and the Little Cowboy’s Best Buddy also came along. Best Buddy got 4th place in one of his Mutton Bustin’ rides!

And all us moms got our “fix” of Fisher Fair Scones!

It was a long, but very good afternoon. And we lucked out with the weather, too. Only an occasional light sprinkle. I am pretty sure it’s probably a steady shower of rain today.

The rest of this weekend here is spent getting ready for Little Cowboy’s “John Deere Birthday” (his words) next weekend. Paddock Boy has to travel for work this week so I need to take advantage of the help now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

Wow, so much to say. Found your blog recently and its been in my "blogs to check out" folder.
Well I've read the whole thing and now added you to my blogroll. I think I may learn a lot here :)

BTW your tribute to Ariel was wonderful. Tears streamed down my face as I read it. You were strong and unselfish to put her out of her pain.

Leah Fry said...

The little cowboy did really well on the second run. Look out, mama. You may just have a rodeo star in the making. Remember what Willie said about letting your babies grow up to be cowboys ;-)

ORSunshine said...

Oh! I miss the Puyallup Fair!

If I remember right, Pioneer Farm has a museum down in Eatonville by Northwest Track. I loved going there as a kid too.

Glad that fun was had by all!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I agree with leah fry, he did really well on his second ride

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So which Mom are YOU??
Scones seem to be the big fair food in Washington and Oregon, don't they?
I've not had a scone since I was in London. They seel them at every street corner with clotted cream and lemon curd! Yummy!!

I don't think we have scones at our state fair here in New Mexico, though.

Hey! You've got a Jackson, too! My Jackson is 11 years old and he's never been mutton busting before, though he does love to hug our two sheep. hehe

What a fun day you all had!

~Lisa

LatigoLiz said...

Thanks cdncowgirl. I have been following yours for a little while now myself.

Yes, he did really well that second run. Paddock Boy said he looked ad acted a bit scared the second time, but he still wanted to do it.

Second from the left, sandwiched between my mom and my aunt.

Anonymous said...

I was at the Puyallup today. We walked by the mutton busting and it sounded like they were having a lot of fun. We must have covered 6-8 miles around that place. My friend had never been to that fair and she really loved it.