Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pictures from Wednesday

I broke down a few days ago and bought a bag of wet cob. Molasses and grains are strictly forbidden for Cushings/insulin resistant horses. I can’t even remember how many years it has been since I have bought a grain product, let alone one with molasses in it!

I have taken to doing things I normally wouldn’t where Ariel has been concerned. This is one of those final things I can let her enjoy. Apples and carrots are on the menu for tomorrow.

Today I think she was feeling the effects of a higher sugar/carbohydrate diet. Only a few handfuls... When I went out to move hot wire and spend time with the girls she was very obviously more gimpy that the previous days. Whether it was the grain or the sugar levels in the grass elevating after the sun or the abscess truly isn’t completely gone... I’ll never know. It doesn’t really matter.

With the return of the gimping around has also come the cranky behavior and occasional squealing. Definitely a heat cycle of some sort, but not necessarily the only reason. That behavior is what I will not miss one bit. The good things are going to be the toughest. The nicker greetings especially.

Here are the Wednesday pictures:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I am thinking and praying for you today.