Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Date Is Set

It is with much sadness that I report that I have set a date for Ariel to cross the Rainbow Bridge. Sometime on the morning of Friday, June 20th Dr. Bob will be on hand to administer the drug cocktail to allow her to run free from this world. My heart is heavy with having committed to a date finally, but I also do see a light at the end of the tunnel. This special horse, with just a little something not quite right, has taught me, and many other people, so much in her 19 years and 2 months. I can’t even begin to start with the list. To be honest, if it weren’t for her, I may never have gone down the paths in horse-keeping, horsemanship and activism that I am involved with today.

For those of you that are local friends and acquaintances and would like to have one last visit, please feel free to contact me and we’ll set something up.

Here is a picture of the girls taking a break from grazing from earlier today (Ariel on the left and Buena on the right):

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: