Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

On Horses’ Wings

I am proud to have such talented and generous friends as Patti Hall and Kerry Anderson.

Several talented and accomplished country music artists, along with Buck Brannaman, internationally renowned horseman and best-selling author (The Faraway Horses, Believe) have come together to create an inspirational compilation of songs, spoken word and poetry on a CD produced exclusively to benefit Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center. On Horses’ Wings conveys a strong message about the relationship between horses and people and the life lessons we learn through developing that amazing partnership. At the same time, the music will lift your spirits and entertain you with beautiful songs of horses and a simpler, less complicated life.

Patti Hall, long-time Little Bit volunteer and supporting patron, is the Executive Producer and driving force on the CD project. Inspired by a song she heard, James Cain’s He’s Gonna Run, Patti engaged several country music friends from Nashville and the Northwest including Wylie & The Wild West, two time Grammy nominee Mary Ann Kennedy, platinum selling songwriter Templeton Thompson and XM Radio Outlaw Country number one hit artist Antsy McClain to contribute their songs. An accomplished recording artist herself, Patti received the 2007 Breakthrough Country Artist of the Year at the New Music Awards in Hollywood last November. To pull this all together Patti called upon the horseman she respected the most, Buck Brannaman, to share his philosophy about horses and people, and how mutual respect, humility, kindness and patience can hold the key to peaceful and satisfying co-existence in all relationships.

To top it all off, another long-time Little Bit volunteer and supporting patron, Kerry Anderson, has donated her incredible artwork to the CD, and it is gorgeous! Buck Brannaman, the country music artists and Patti Hall have all donated their time and recording costs to this project. Eclectic Horseman has donated all graphic production and all fulfillment and distribution costs. This means that all proceeds of this CD will go directly to Little Bit.

Buy the On Horse’s Wings Benefit CD from Eclectic Horseman

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

I volunteered at Little Bit years ago, it's a great place! They really do great work!
This sounds like a great disc and I will certainly add it to my Xmas list, or purcahse it as a gift!

C-ingspots said...

Hi there Latigo Liz,
I hesitated on leaving that comment on PG's post because I had noticed your RQ side bar. I have seen RQ twice, but yes it has been 2 & 3 years ago. I was only an auditor both times, but my friend had her young 2 year old in the colt training class. It was very traumatic watching what he did and how he handled this young, terrified colt. My friend was literally in tears and ran away, unable to watch RQ continue with his abusive handling. Being older and more verbal with my opinions, I made a comment on her and her horse's behalf. RQ immediately stopped what he was doing to the colt and thankfully focused his abuse onto me - it was, of course only verbal assaults, but he was abusive none the less. He was outraged that anyone would question his tactics or his knowledge. I thankfully maintained my composure and calmly walked up to him and removed the colt from the roundpen. My friend later thanked me for having the courage to "save her horse" from that "hideous person" - I quote. I am only one person and I am not an expert, but I only can relay what I have seen and personally experienced. I have attended a lot of clinics in the past 10-12 years including Tom Dorrance, Ray Hunt, Buck Brannaman, Bryan Neubert, Joe Wolter and Brad Cameron. I admire them all, but have my favorites of course. I know I have a lot to learn still and probably will never be as good as I hope to be, but I am willing to admit that I am just a "student" and that horsemanship is and should be a lifelong journey, but I would NEVER trust him touching anyone of my horses. Please be careful. I don't mean to offend you or anyone else, we all have our own opinions. If I have offended you, then I apologize. I will probably audit another RQ clinic when he comes back, but only out of curiosity, not because I respect him. I hope and pray that he continues his own education. Thanks for listening.

LatigoLiz said...

c-ing,

Sorry to hear that you had a rough experience. Hope you get to seem him in a different light some day.

No offense taken. I have my own experiences with Ricky and would trust him with my life and my horse(s). He rode my horse at McGinnis one year when I took her there and the changes were nothing short of amazing and I was very pleased with how I saw him work.

The good thing about the horsemanship journey is that there are lots of choices for mentors and one can find pretty much any type of teachings to suit their horse and their own way of learning.