Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Recipe: Perfect Pico de Gallo

Here is another recipe from our Super Bowl feast. I am known as the Salsa Queen in my circle of family and friends. A few years back I perfected making many kinda of salsas, from verdé to roasted chili to this one...my Perfect Pico de Gallo. I am so proficient and efficient at this one that I had to actually practice it to come up with the recipe you see here. Feel free to adjust and substitute ingredients to taste. I love cilantro so I usually have more than some folks like. It can be an acquired taste. This is best eaten with fresh, warm homemade tortilla chips, but store-bought are much less labor intensive. I think this rivals restaurant salsa because of the use of sweet onions. If you find that you have too much jalapeño, use more lime juice to cut the heat.

OK, I just made myself hungry typing this post...time to hunt down the chips and salsa in the kitchen! And maybe a beer to go along with it. Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

dp said...

Cumin is a nice touch. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Leah Fry said...

You sure you're not from Texas?

Anonymous said...

Now, that is a great looking salsa that i would put in my chuckwagon any time. I would take a corn tortilla and lightly fry it, adding a bit of colby-jack cheese as soon as i take it out of the pan so that it melts. Then add another small bit of warm, pre-cooked chicken. Slice an avocado, placing slices in the tortilla. Then smother the whole thing with this wonderful salsa. Now that is heaven!

Flying Lily said...

Looks great and I think Saddle Mountain Rider has the ultimate plan for it!!!

The Wife said...

mmmm, that looks good. I love pico! Too lazy to ever make it myself though. Maybe now I will!

Cowgirly said...

Yum- this is amazing! Thanks for sharing it :)