Cowgirl Up on LatigoLiz.com

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rest Day @ The 2B Ranch

Today was a lazy day. I woke up at 8 and didn’t get out of bed until 8:45. The horses didn’t even barely make a peep when I went out to feed. I am sure they were happy to be lazy and not have to ride in the trailer. I fed them mashes and tossed out a few flakes of hay. It was already warm and it was only going to get hotter. I was still not feeling so hot. All I had eaten for dinner the night before was soda crackers. I worked on rearranging the tack room a little and cleaned out the poops and pee spots in the horse compartment. Gave the horses a shot of fly spray as they were getting pretty bothered by the flies on their stomachs. The horses spent most of the day scritching on each other; quite cute. I should have probably gone for a ride, but I was feeling quite weak from not eating any real food. I managed to down a sandwich around noon and spent a lot of time reclined on the couch. Oh, and I checked some e-mail since I could. Aunt M made a nice pasta dinner and I ate again. Tasted good and my stomach is feeling much better.

I did have a loading session tonight with Mercy and it went OK. Luckily, I will have help in the morning with the door. Mercy still won’t respect a hand smack on the butt to go forward, so I will have to have Marje hold the back door for me like Cathi did in order for me to get the divider over, etc. We’ll get it done, even if it isn’t pretty. And by this time next week it will be 100% better.

The plan is to be up and out early so I can get to Buck’s and get the horses settled and then GO SHOPPING.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: